CYM 4.76% 4.4¢ cyprium metals limited

This may not be correct so I'm just shooting the breeze a...

1. 1,067 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 649
    This may not be correct so I'm just shooting the breeze a little. Glencore was fully cashed up this year paying down debt, reducing assets & increasing earnings.

Glencore signed a deal with MAC to sell their CSA mine in March 2022. The deal is still not finalised. Could it be MAC is trying to wiggle for more room in the deal while the global outlook is uncertain?

Glencore's total assets of $139.95 billion were reported in H1 results.
    Glencore sold its Mopani copper mine & smelter in Zambia during 2021 for $1.5B retaining offtake rights to sell Mopani production.

5 Aug 22 Glencore to pay out $3B in share buyback. Also promises $1.45 billion special dividend taking 2022 total payouts to $8.5B.
    H1 adjusted EBITDA more than doubled to $18.92 billion.

Glencore has proposed a $200-million loan to defray for running costs of Mopani Copper Mines, which is owned by Zambia's State-owned mining company ZCCM-IH in early Sept 2022.

The point here is Glencore is selling its copper assets not buying. GLEN has been selling off its smaller assets. GLEN want to control smelting (as evidenced by CSA sale and Eva Project), receive NSR smelting fees and reduce their ESG rating for zero emissions for Green Switzerland by 2050. The smelting gets GLEN top dollar for end product of 99.99% pure copper, improves their ESG rating & keeps them in control of copper sales.
    GLEN is also selling off its coal assets currently.

With the delay in financing, is GLEN really just trying to just force CYM into using the concentrator and selling concentrate to GLEN?
    Perhaps this is the hold up in finance? Glencore have plenty of cash to assist in CYM finance process should they wish to do so.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.4¢
Change
0.002(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $67.08M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.1¢ 4.4¢ 4.1¢ $164.2K 3.856M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 867805 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.4¢ 634685 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CYM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.