Filthy ICE car?? Judging by so many EV's going into thermal...

1. 8,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 857
    Filthy ICE car?? Judging by so many EV's going into thermal runaway meltdowns, I would say the filthy culprit is not the ICE vehicle. In actual fact the efficiencies gained over the years in fuel usage ICE vehicles are pretty darn good but of course it also comes down to ownership responsibility in maintenance upkeep.

As for public transport, sadly the political will is not there to cater for upkeep let alone expand - there's a lot of money to milk from car owners. sneaky.png

A few years ago travelled on both an XPT and the Overland - both trains had to be slowed down in various sections on route - the tracks were badly in need of maintenance and if you care to look at comments re the XPT services - apparently they are known to break down regularly due to age - perhaps the new fleet will help - but no fleet will help if the tracks are substandard.

You mention electrification - there is no total electrification of any major intercity trains such as from Sydney to Melbourne - afraid that will stay that way till major funding for construction is allocated - won't be in my lifetime.

Try a bus journey - one can't even stretch one's legs for hours and as for electric buses - good luck, I'll pass - don't fancy thermal runaway at travelling speeds of 100km/hr, nor having to wait for hours on route till a bus recharges somewhere - should it manage to find a suitable charger and one that works. Have no such burning desires. smile.png AIMO

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.