Despite the 10 to 20% weight penalty most EVs have much better...

1. 2,556 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    Despite the 10 to 20% weight penalty most EVs have much better performance (especially off the line) than their ICE counterparts. As an example the base Tesla Model 3 RWD has similar performance to a 6 litre V8 VF Commodore. If you drive any quick vehicle hard you will wear tyres, it has very little to do with the slightly heavier weight of the EV and a lot to with the driving style of the person behind the wheel.

And with all due respect Mick, if anyone chooses a cheap Chinese tyre I suspect it will be false economy, in my experience not only will it wear faster, more unevenly and have less resistance to damage, it will have less grip and go out of balance as well as it wears. I have seen some where the internal reinforcing lets go and the resulting bubble consigns the tyre to the recycle pile before it is half worn. Apparently China does produce some quality tyres but the first question I ask these days when replacing tyres is "where is it made" and if the answer is "China" I go for an alternative.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.