Hybrids Vs PHEVs vs All Electric, page-1204

1. 2,571 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 147
    You have a reading comprehension problem, I was replying to Mick on the depreciation point because he was giving me "advice" on the best way to calculate it. I tagged you in the next paragraph because of your Prius post (which did also mention depreciation but nothing to do with what I said).

I accept that you have had an exceptional experience with your Toyota hybrid I used to admire them as well. Many people had good experiences with Holden grey motors too and Model T Fords before that but time moves on. By definition 2 drive systems under one bonnet is more complicated than one and although Toyota seem to have produced a hybrid that stands the test of time they have been working at it for nearly 30 years now. You would be a game person to extrapolate Toyota hybrid long term reliability to the newcomers in the market.

Then its not only the long term reliability question, more complicated also means more expensive to produce and future emission laws won't help ICE in that regard either. Although there is no telling how complex the auxiliary systems in a car will become one thing is very clear, the simplest, least complex drivetrain is an electric one so it has a big head start in the economic and reliability stakes.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.