Funny what coolaide the belivers will swallow Tesla Model 3...

1. 12,187 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 478
    Funny what coolaide the belivers will swallow

Tesla Model 3 Performance brakes catch fire in Nurburgring track test

The latest Tesla Model 3 Performance has been labelled "dangerous" after a track test on Germany's Nurburgring race circuit saw it set its brakes alight – and overheated its battery.

as the car reaches the Schwedenkreuz corner two and a half minutes into the lap, the Model 3 is claimed to show a message warning of high brake temperature. Two & a half minutes..let that set in.

About 30 seconds later – as the car reaches speeds in excess of 200km/h – Mr Charoudin is seen fighting with the wheel (below) as the car struggles to slow down, with a trail of smoke in the rear-view mirror.

"I'm full on the brakes and the car does not want to stop much," he says. "Oh, we're full-[on] smoking ... I guess mission aborted if the brakes are on fire already."

After five and a half minutes, the power is seen to degrade rapidly, dropping from 392kW to about 300kW in a further 50 seconds, and hitting 200kW after another two minutes.

Bathurst 24 hour look a long way away. (I support you could be charging for 10 hours..give the battery time to cool )

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.