Hybrids Vs PHEVs vs All Electric, page-1320

1. 8,378 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 877
    Hi @kingpins

Here's a bit of EV v ICE vehicle news from the horse's mouth:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TeslaModelY/comments/1688izi/driving_an_ice_seems_like_a_financial_burden_now/?rdt=39166

Excerpt:

Like I tell people, I drive a Tesla because I can’t afford to drive a Honda anymore.

So, the above person can afford to pay more for a Tesla EV than a Honda. what.png Great logic??? rolleyes.png

.... if the ultimate deciding factor is strictly cost, ICE remains ahead for now just due to price premium. Arguing otherwise is ridiculous at this point, and seems like cognitive dissonance to justify the car.

The above sounds like reasonable logic.

This below is from a Tesla owner:

You pay a premium to own a Tesla. So while you aren’t paying more for gas on the backend in perpetuity, you did pay more to buy a Tesla. So while you may not be paying at the pump every week, you are paying an additional cost in your car payment every month. Not to mention higher insurance costs.

Some were bagged for calling out EV insurance being higher - the EV owner found out that EV insurance is indeed higher. sneaky.png

Interestingly not much is mentioned on depreciation of EV values nor the constantly shifting price points of the same new EV models to entice buyers.

Now this:

https://au.yahoo.com/finance/news/tesla-driver-reveals-94-per-cent-electricity-bill-savings-in-major-win-for-ev-owners-no-brainer-210045838.html

Excerpt:

An Aussie Tesla owner says he is saving 94 per cent off his electricity bill after installing the electric vehicle giant’s Powerwall system. He says he is using the home batteries, along with solar panels, to power both his home and business. ....owns multiple Teslas,..

It costs roughly around $15,000 to install a single battery, Merritt said, but this could vary depending on how complex the installation was.

“I swapped to an EV purely for the benefit of saving on services [and] fuel, plus to feel green. It’s a no brainer,”

So massive amounts spent on solar panels, lithium storage battery, multiple EV's to save on services and fuel to feel green (and with tax payers helping).

It's a no brainer that one is not helping to reduce consumption hence reduction of resource usage but rather fuels it. It's also a no brainer that there will be more waste added to landfill soon enough.

The best way to save money or being 'green' is surely by spending and using less - that is a no brainer indeed but that idea does not fit in well with consumerism.

The person in the article must be doing really well in this ever increasing inflationary price environment - it's a no brainer, he's got plenty of money to throw around whilst so many are doing it tough. AIMO

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.