"With the price of fuel the long goose chases of...

1. 6,751 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 290
    "With the price of fuel the long goose chases of motoringintercity is no longer economically viable becauseair/train travel is relatively cheap and efficient."

Quite true , but of course if one happens to live outside the major centres below the Brisbane Adelaide line , or if your travel is not ''intercity'' , or if you aren't completely logical about your transport option [ gee , is that another totally unnecessary SUV driving past, with a tow bar ?,] it suddenly becomes not truth . but wishful thinking.
    People buy cars because of what they might want to do , not what they do .

I agree , about extended egos, but as much as one might bay at the moon about them , they are a factor that cannot be ignored.
    To base what you feel is going to be the pace of change , or even the endpoint of EV's in Australia .on wishful thinking I dont think is sensible.

Usually this argument by me provokes a response , among others , like ''Anyway the government will mandate it whether the public wants it or not''.
    Push comes to shove , if voter sentiment changes , B/S that the ''mandate will not change'.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.