Hybrids Vs PHEVs vs All Electric, page-809

1. 25,390 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 29
    Hi Mick

I am not against investment in EVs, I had shares in lithium and got out before the last drop
    I am not against EVs as a vehicle to drive or be driven in, they have many wonderful features
    I am not against people owning one as they own other classic cars
    I am not against some one owning one as a second car to take kids to school, shops etc if it suits their particular needs
    But as to the current craze of total replacement of IC cars with EVs has to be one of the craziest scams ever perpetrated with public money

Once again you don't have to be an electrical engineer like me just do the math and it will never work,
    Who pays for the gigantic multitude of charging stations
    Look at your local service station
    They can refill 12 to 16 cars at a time in 10 minutes (tops)
    Calculate the space needed for 12 charging stations and multiply it by 6 ( 10 min to 60 min ) for recharging partially the same number of cars
    So every service station has to be six time larger, where is the power coming from, where are the h/d power cables to carry the power
    The charging stations will have to be separated so as to protect all of it from the occasional fire
    The service stations could not be among a residential area (re fires)
    The local fire brigade would have to be upgraded with specialized trained personal and equipment

DO THE MATH IT IS A GIGANTIC FINANCIAL SCAM TO TRANSFER TAXPAYER MONEY TO THE ALREADY SUPER RICH

AND THIS IS ON TOP OF THE INHERENT PROBLEMS OF THE CURRENT EVS

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.