FMG 0.93% $22.41 fortescue ltd

Hydrogen ‘twice as powerful a greenhouse gas as previously thought, page-35

1. 485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 366
    (1) green hydrogen is produced from water using electrolysis powered by reusable energy. No cracking of hydrocarbons is involved no Co2 is emitted . The reusable word is a typo on my part, I intended to say renewable surely you would have realised that, apparently not, you're trying to make an issue out of it, though aren't you.

You keep referring to green ammonia as though there is no other way of converting it back to green hydrogen other than using carbon based fuel. it has been explained to you more than twice before. Using fossil based fuels would be replaced by renewable energy, there is no C02 emissions from that process. There is no carbon in Ammonia just nitrogen and hydrogen, and no carbon from either solar or wind, surely that is easy to understand.

if industry is using carbon based fuels to crack the ammonia at this point in time, and convert back to hydrogen it would no longer really be green anymore, I am not disputing that process is not happening .I am indicating that is not the intention in producing green ammonia and would not involve carbon.
    The energy used from renewables would be substantial to do this and significant infrastructure would be required to do so, much more than is available at present.
    Australia and with Fortescue involvement can be at the forefront of the massive increase in renewables required to make it cost effective. It may never be cost effective in some industrial applications, it will be part of the process of global decarbonisation though.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$22.41
Change
-0.210(0.93%)
Mkt cap ! $68.99B
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.36 $22.61 $22.30 $82.59M 3.681M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 500 $22.40

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$22.42 11435 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.