HZR 2.63% 37.0¢ hazer group limited

Doc Finkel needs to get out more. The gasification of brown coal...

1. 168 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 47
    Doc Finkel needs to get out more. The gasification of brown coal is NOT the cheapest route to produce Hydrogen.

Like the wizard idea, the 'revolutionary technology', to use "excess" renewable energy to power hydrolysis, to produce H, the gasification of brown coal only 'works' if you cost the CC&S at Zero.

Although, I s'pose you could just forgetabard the CC&S, and just pump more carbon emissions into the atmosphere, than you prevent by using H to replace fossil fuels at the consumption point.

H from H2O - Net energy consumer.

H from Brown Coal - Net carbon emitter.

It's been a coupla years since I looked but, when I did, there were only 2 'functioning CC&S facilities of any scale operating around the globe. The 1 in Canada was a money sink. The 1 in Texas did store CO2.....until the CO2 was withdrawn and used to aid the fracking for O & G, meaning off she went into the atmosphere.

CC&S is a con job, environmentally and economically.

So, how 'bout all this research, eh?

4 months ago - https://theconversation.com/explain...from-coal-and-is-it-really-a-clean-fuel-94911

The author, Jessica Allen (Researcher and Lecturer in Low and Zero Emission Energy, University of Newcastle), was kind enough to join in the conversation with the readership, underneath the article.

'Scroll, scroll, scroll......BINGO!'
    1. David Arthur
      In reply to Jessica Allen
      process that uses renewable energy to both capture and transform carbon dioxide into high value nanostructured carbon for...
      Something like the Hazer Process which has been piloted at Sydney Uni? https://sydney.edu.au/engineering/n...-technology-set-to-hit-the-global-market.html

Jessica Allen

Researcher and Lecturer in Low and Zero Emission Energy, University of Newcastle
      In reply to David Arthur
      Looks like an interesting technology! They are basically reforming methane from what I can see but not allowing CO/CO2 to form, instead harvesting the carbon as it is formed - which is usually an annoying side product in reforming since it forms over the refomring catalyst and stops the reaction. But no, the one I am referring to is still in early research stages and uses electrochemical transformation of the carbon dioxide at elevated temperatures using a solar thermal integrated cycle. Still mostly a concept at this stage but we’re working on it!

Frustrating, no?!
    Last edited by TWHM: 10/08/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HZR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
37.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $85.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
38.5¢ 38.5¢ 36.5¢ $149.1K 401.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 48319 37.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
37.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.40pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HZR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.