HZR 1.72% 29.5¢ hazer group limited

Hydrogen News, page-203

1. 4,467 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 774
    "Shell has decided to proceed with the construction of a massive new hydrogen plant in Rotterdam, which is expected to become Europe’s largest renewable hydrogen plant when it starts operations in 2025, and will significantly increase Shell’s hydrogen production. Known as Holland Hydrogen I, the facility will be located in the Port of Rotterdam drawing power from a newly launched offshore wind farm,The company announced today that it has taken the final investment decision to proceed with the plant which analysts are viewing as a pioneering move noting that not all the regulations are yet finalized for the emerging industry. Shell is also calling the project the largest in Europe, although it is likely to be rivaled by others also in the planning stages.The 200MW electrolyze will be constructed on the Tweede Maasvlakte in the port of Rotterdam and will produce up to 60,000 kilograms of renewable hydrogen per day. The renewable power for the electrolyze will come from the offshore wind farm Hollandse Kust Noord, which is partly owned by Shell, and is currently under development.“Holland Hydrogen I demonstrates how new energy solutions can work together to meet society’s need for cleaner energy,” said Anna Mascolo, Executive Vice President, Emerging Energy Solutions at Shell. “Renewable hydrogen will play a pivotal role in the energy system of the future and this project is an important step in helping hydrogen fulfill that potential.”The renewable hydrogen produced will supply the Shell Energy and Chemicals Park Rotterdam, through the HyTransPort pipeline, a new hydrogen pipeline being developed through the Port of Rotterdam. The hydrogen will be used to replace some of the grey hydrogen usage in the refinery."

Link

That a 60,000kg per day project by Shell is only partly able to replace existing Grey Hydrogen they use give a very good indication of the huge scale required to provide enough hydrogen. The competition/price rises for gas currently show exactly what happens when need outstrips supply.
    It also shows that every bit of ours can be employed.

Last day of ISO for me, Had a play yesterday with Yara fertilizer hydrogen/amonaia use in WA. Its CEO (internationally) comments was very interesting after Paris a few years ago. I did think Money and Mouth seem still disconnected for Yara despite its relatively small Green Ammonia plan in WA. Yara's plan wouldn't scratch the side of the ute in Fertilizer needs.
    That is a watch this HUGE space which may suck up every drop of our Hydrogen output. Not that it is essential to HZR. So many option arriving just at the right time for HZR CDP with the cost/price for Steam Methane Reformed Hydrogen has gone though the roof. BOC not signing the term sheet for off-take of CDP supply 2 years ago may be a decision costing a head or two?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HZR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.5¢
Change
0.005(1.72%)
Mkt cap ! $67.88M
Open High Low Value Volume
29.5¢ 30.0¢ 29.0¢ $31.71K 108.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 31978 29.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
29.5¢ 17417 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HZR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.