HZR 1.01% 49.0¢ hazer group limited

Carbon Negative Hydrogen. Greener than green :)We may need a new...

1. 4,203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 696
    Carbon Negative Hydrogen. Greener than green

We may need a new colour descriptor? "Bright Green" perhaps? Could put this in price yet I feel it is hydrogen news. Excuse me if you feel otherwise.

"Another result of the Glasgow conference can be predicted with some confidence, too. So-called green stocks — those of companies with relatively low carbon emissions — will get a temporary boost. At the same time, brown stocks — those of companies that emit large quantities of greenhouse gases — will face a headwind.

New research indicates that the two effects are related. Three recent research papers by two groups of economists suggest that when public exposure to information about climate change spikes, investor preferences also shift, altering the performance of sectors of the stock market."

"For one thing, the very preference of many investors for green stocks — which creates a measurable green premium, or “greenium,” that elevates their share price "

The greenium will be welcome for the Bright Green "hazer pyrolysis". What has always been clear is little investors like me matter little. With trillions held in Investment funds EFTs, Superannuation and investment banking trying to get a bite of new smaller companies like HZR can be very dificult for them.

The opportunity with the known portability of HAZER technology to almost anywhere turns that issue on its head I think. We know several large companies are interested. Board positions and several well known/detailed japans foot in the door are not trying to buy the Woodmans point CDP site. They want to be able to build their own much larger scale plants in their own back yards not at Woodmans point. Noting expansion at Woodmans point is possible and possibly likely- already flagged by Hazer and WA water corp. The three-year operation at Woodman Point Wastewater Treatment Plant in Munster will produce around 100 tonnes of fuel-grade hydrogen and 380 tonnes of graphite each year, with the potential for expansion.

Bigger plans at multiple sites and multiple countries will give billions of $$$ investment options for Investment funds EFTs, Superannuation and investment banking types. The foot in the door we have in HAZER will get paid for that of course.

I hope Hazer is not taken over. The likely long term large revenue streams likely from licensing makes us a target in my view.

The core of these insights appears in “Sustainable Investing in Equilibrium,” published this month in the Journal of Financial Economics and available as a working paper since December 2019. Along with Lucian Taylor, who is also a professor at Wharton, Professors Stambaugh and Pastor wrote that paper, which developed the model that explains how shifting investor preferences lead to share re-pricing and stock market shifts.

Two subsequent papers provided evidence that supports their theory.

The first, “Climate Change Concerns and the Performance of Green Versus Brown Stocks,” was written by a group of economists affiliated with the National Bank of Belgium. They are David Ardia of HEC Montreal, Keven Bluteau of Université de Sherbrooke, and Kris Boudt and Koen Inghelbrechtof Ghent University.

Most information from the New York times report

Have a great weekend

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HZR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
49.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.01%)
Mkt cap ! $111.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.0¢ 50.0¢ 48.0¢ $29.56K 60.11K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 58499 49.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.5¢ 21501 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.50pm 25/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
49.0¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 1.01 %)
Open High Low Volume
49.0¢ 50.0¢ 48.5¢ 71920
Last updated 15.55pm 25/04/2024 ?
HZR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.