LKE 3.33% 6.2¢ lake resources n.l.

My reading suggests that the cost of hydrogen as a fuel is...

1. 327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    My reading suggests that the cost of hydrogen as a fuel is prohibitive. If it is produced in bulk the cost in transport / logistics versus the power provided make it more expensive than petrol / diesel and if you produce locally (via smaller plants) the cost of production outweighs any advantages.
    For what it's worth I cannot see hydrogen as an effective alternate to Lithium batteries for mobile applications. For large scale fixed batteries I would suggest a slow but increasing reliance of VRFB (vanadium) because it is easily scalable and can both charge and discharge simultaneously (unlike Lithium Ion) and doesn't degrade over time (resulting a concept of rental of fuel).
    Of interest (to me) is the work being done in Canada on diamond batteries that rely on waste nuclear fuel and never need recharging over tens (or theoretically) hundreds of years of operation. I'd like to see how that develops. There's also some interesting work being done with graphene in power generation and storage. We live in a very interesting time.
    For the short term, though, it's lithium and the market is slowly catching up, which is good for those of us invested in the space.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LKE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.2¢
Change
0.002(3.33%)
Mkt cap ! $102.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.0¢ 6.2¢ 5.9¢ $199.0K 3.296M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 6.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.2¢ 936093 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
6.1¢
  Change
0.002 ( 0.33 %)
Open High Low Volume
6.0¢ 6.2¢ 5.9¢ 929289
Last updated 15.59pm 09/05/2024 ?
LKE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.