SGC 0.00% 0.5¢ sacgasco limited

I've personally done a fair bit of reading. Firstly it's not new...

1. 39 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    I've personally done a fair bit of reading. Firstly it's not new tech, steam reforming is the same (the process of breaking down the gas into hydrogen), it's just that they're going to try and use Carbon Capture and Storage on top of it and CSS is still not a proven technology. At least not the storage part, the capture seems to be more doable (though also complicated and expensive).

The best example of CCS at work that the fossil fuel industry can provide is Boundary Dam 3 (coal power plant) in Canada which has seriously underdelivered in terms of costs and carbon captured and stored. So much so that the company's plan to install CCS on all the other facilities they had there was cancelled and instead they'll be decommissioning the plant in the future. Best uses from what I can find is if you have an oil reservoir that you can then pump the carbon captured into in order to push out oil that is hard to get out. Not only does it provide a use but also oil reservoirs seem to be ideal storage wise as they don't let the carbon leak out. I'm no geologist but apparently you need to have very specific geological formations to store the carbon in, otherwise it leaks back out.

Still heavily debated as to whether CCS will ever be a thing, with a lot of people calling it a sham and a way for governments and fossil fuel industry to keep doing business-as-usual. So far it sure looks like it given how much money was wasted on it and how little it's delivered.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $3.898M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.5¢ 0.5¢ 0.5¢ $620 123.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 2035644 0.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.6¢ 5547961 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.00pm 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.