It seems she did according to the Guardian. Of course the...

1. 35,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4

It seems she did according to the Guardian. Of course the deniers will be conflicted with that report because if comes from that " trashy left wing rag ". wink.png

But seriously, the big question is whether it's actually an effective and safe treatment or not.

It seems Wilson's experience absolutely underlines the need for medications to be thoroughly understood and tested before being made available for use.

" Wilson and Hanks were admitted to Gold Coast University hospital in Queensland for treatment, where Wilson said she was given chloroquine after she developed a fever of 38.9C. Q&A What is hydroxychloroquine? Show “They gave me chloroquine,” she told American TV channel CBS. “I know people have been talking about this drug. But I can only tell you that – I don’t know if the drug worked or if it was just time for the fever to break.“My fever did break but the chloroquine had such extreme side effects, I was completely nauseous, I had vertigo and my muscles felt very weak … I think people have to be very considerate about that drug.”Sign up for Guardian Australia’s daily coronavirus email newsletterA spokeswoman for Gold Coast University hospital would not confirm whether Hanks and Wilson were given chloroquine, but said that “selected patients” did receive the drug.“Gold Coast Health has used a variety of medication in patients with more severe Covid-19,” a spokeswoman said. “Chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine and lopinavir-ritonavir have been used on selected patients.”

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/apr/15/rita-wilson-tells-of-extreme-side-effects-of-experimental-covid-19-drug-chloroquine

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.