3DM 0.00% 0.0¢ 3d medical limited

Hype vs Reality

1. 102 Posts.
    Ok I have been following this stock for some time and I do not hold it currently though I would like to share some information with everyone here. I am a radiology professional and I have worked in radiology industry in Australia for last 10 years and have held CAJ before and thats what led me to this stock. I think its time someone cuts the hype here.

1] 3D printing is in its infancy. Sorry we in Australia are not printing out spines and replacing peoples hips made from 3D printer yet. You need approvals to do that sort of thing from the surgical board and its not happening any time soon.

2] I was reading in the comment section that 3D ultrasounds are really common now and we could integrate the 3D printing with 3D ultrasounds. I am sorry to say again thats false. 3D ultrasounds are done only for the pregnant women purely for entertainment purposes in Australia. I have worked in some of the biggest radiology setups in Australia and have not seen 3D ultrasound being used for diagnostic purposes yet.

3] Another hype that is going around is that its going to be used in massive numbers. I find this hilarious. The number of scans we do I can confidently say that out of thousands and thousands of scans we do, only a minuscule amount of scans would actually need a 3D print, if at all and that minuscule amount is in single digits.

4] Another hype is being associated with CAJ. Just because CAJ did well so would 3DM. Sorry mate go to point number three from here. Not all the scans being done at capitol radiology would get converted into 3D print. It does not work like that.

At this stage this stock is running on hype and its going to disappoint people. In long run it might have a future but in long run a lot of things could have future. Sorry I am just being sarcastic but honest.

Its time for people to check what does 3DM do currently which can bring change in medicine/ surgery. And please a spine surgeon does not need a replicated toy to operate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.