GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

my bet on cash here in Oz as a good investment(which I still...

1. 804 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    my bet on cash here in Oz as a good investment(which I still reckon it is) was partly on the "extra" interest that I would get as the AUD rises against most currencies (as they all sink together - if that makes sense!).

I have the feeling that we live in a global village now and despite the fact we have our own quota of village idiots in Canberra, the rest of the world also sees Oz as having a commodity and gold mining currency that in relative terms, with our still comparatively high interest rates (with a Gov. guarantee too!),is one place to sit out this financial crisis.

Cash in Oz - great investment
    Gold (and silver) is going to carry on doing what it has been doing I reckon - stay as money whilst most other assets and currencies deflate.

with you on the lack of sensible commentary in Oz Pug. I get the Eureka report and Alan Kohler seems to be a recent convert to some sensible awareness of this crisis. His Eureka report however is something else with most of the commentary that he can drag up off with the fairies IMO.

We are too small here in OZ maybe? - lets keep it that way as maybe we will get missed when the shooting starts - lets hope Rudd gets off the stage and Henry goes back to chasing wombats for a while.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.