CFU 0.00% 0.4¢ ceramic fuel cells limited

hypothetical question

1. 2,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    My electricity bill has increased from around $700 per quarter a couple of years ago to around $1300 per quarter. Not much has changed in my life since then, no extra kids, etc. It is alot because we have a large swimming pool, every usual appliance (except for a clothes dryer), and a large 40 year old house, so not particularly flash. We are a one income family, so the fact that our electricity prices have increased by almost double is quite worrying and we have been told to expect a 50% in energy cost in then next couple of years.

So, I have a hypothetical question. I would install a Bluegen if the price was lower. Given that CFU have been unable to secure a 'binding' contract with government departments or energy suppliers (as yet anyway), I wonder how many of us shareholders would buy one if the cost was reduced to say $15,000?

I remember some years ago considering installing a solar hot water system, but it just wasn't economically sound even with a government rebate, given that the system was only guaranteed for 5 years and the installation and purchase prices were so high.

I figure that on a price of $15,000, it would take me just over three years to offset the purchase price (not including the cost of energy during peak times or consideration for excess sent back to the grid during off-peak times).

I imagine that if CFU could get sales over a certain amount (say for example 10,000 units) then they could produce the units much more cheaply, even if it was only a one-off bulk order. Maybe I am dreaming, but I assume that there would be at least this many people Australia wide that would consider signing a contract that would only be enforced if this sales target and price target was reached. Obviously, a service agreement for say 3 years would need to be included.

I would really hate for yet another Aussie company with a fantasic idea to be left hanging for so long that their technology is simply taken over by some other overseas company for nicks because nobody is willing to go into bat for them.

What do you reckon? If I get no replies, than I guess it wouldn't work, but if you like this hypothetical, reply or click the thumbs up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CFU (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.