MEO 0.00% 0.0¢ meo australia limited

hysteria, page-5

1. 3,648 Posts.
    And yet people want a date, when negotiations are still occurring! Normally a date would take into account availability of funds, equipment, people and permits, etc., and even then the date/s are rubbery because of weather, native issues, licensing/permit requirements, political events, etc., etc., and rarely are accurate.

So, MEO have to announce a date for drilling, according to some (why?), without completing their negotiations and getting signed, contractual agreements before starting. If they arranged everything and had no agreements they would bear the cost and SH would grumble. If they delay until all agreements are completed, they have no start date and SH grumble.

I say, MEO get on with it, get the best deal, get air-tight contractual agreements (or not, if that be the case) and then arrange the drilling. After all the arrangements are made and a date is set in a drilling contract, then publish the anticipated date - don't sacrifice credibility for the sake of a few bleating SH (or more likely, bleating traders waiting to cash in on the drilling speculation a drilling date and schedule provides).

Of course, if MEO gets it "wrong" (the drill date), there will be critics waiting in the wings to score brownie points and say "I told you so". And if drilling takes longer than anticipated, they will be there too, ready to criticize again.

And should the drilling be a failure, the critics will say that there was a conspiracy, that the coy geo's are worthless and at the same time they will short the stock, to help prove their point (and of course, not say a word about that). Never mind that these endeavours are known to be very high risk - they will not let reality interfere with their agenda. This has always been the case, this is "the market", this is where we spend our days - with fools, and con-men, looking for a fast buck at the expense of their fellows.

People DYOR and leave the fools to speculate on the weather.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.