HZR 2.78% 37.0¢ hazer group limited

Did a few offshore swings for woodside. The most noticeable...

1. 28 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14

Did a few offshore swings for woodside. The most noticeable thing about working on woodside rigs is the 8m flame coming out the flare tip. This burns 24 hours a day, every day. Normally these days in Australia flaring is a no no and used for emergencies only. For example inpex rigs (CPF & FPSO) are carbon injection rigs meaning instead of flaring the methane that is separated, like woodside are. They inject it back into the gas field to keep subsea pressures high to keep the gas return high.
    Shells prelude FPSO has the same system (although that place is a complete failer and they end up emergency flaring most the time anyway)

Flaring all over the world is a thing of the past in todays operation and is banned in alot of countries (australia not being one of them) although Australian rigs are trying. Chevron use CCS techniques at wheatstone (this is a complete failer also)
    Barrow Island also has CCS and as far as I know it is also a failed system.

All these failed CCS systems are in arms reach of HZR's catalyst iron ore. They are all trying and failing miserably at capturing methane and storing it.
    Inpex have the only gas rigs I'm aware of that are actually pulling CCS off. (These rigs are fantastic to work on for anyone who may get a job offer in the future. Inpex is Japanese owned and that likely has alot to do with it) although Inpex's gas is pipelined to darwin where it's refined and they do flare a little.
    All these rigs could use a hazer process to keep thier carbon emissions down. These systems would vary in design though as room is limited on offshore platforms.

Back to woodside. They currently have 3 FPSO's burning methane like you wouldn't believe. They also have two cpf's flaring. These are called woodside angel and north rankin.
    All these systems are in close vicinity to each other ( from OKHA FPSO you can see angel and rankin burning away) So reasonably easy to connect a offtake pipeline to transport the methane to a hazer plant. This could even be a floating hazer plant or cpf styled plant. You may even find the rigs are already pipelined together and that there are redundant subsea pipes not being used. Wink wink.

You may even find Woodsides FPSO Ngujima-Yin
    is 40% owned by Mitsui. One of Hazers good mates

Sorry for the long winded reply but every single rig in Australia could use some kind of hazer setup. Chevron and shell are at least pretending to capture methane. Woodside is just straight burning it.
    Why burn it when you could sell it in hydrogen form?
    I believe woodside will get involved because there is profit to be made
    I'm aware you understand all this.

cheers matehttps://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6252/6252297-33b85a57c1b5753124f105158ad113f2.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HZR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
37.0¢
Change
0.010(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $85.14M
Open High Low Value Volume
38.0¢ 38.5¢ 36.0¢ $249.6K 672.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 4000 36.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
37.5¢ 27178 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.55pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HZR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.