CAI 0.00% 11.5¢ calidus resources limited

Hard to tell Geoff.From the half yearly we have:"Unit volume...

1. 7,746 Posts.
    Hard to tell Geoff.

From the half yearly we have:
    "Unit volume sales of ThermaLIFE® cream in the six months to 31st December was a record 20,344 up 124% vs. the previous six months volume of 9,086 units. The growth was due to an intensive consumer marketing and
    promotional campaign predominantly in print and radio and for the last month in selected television advertising
    on the East Coast."

We know revenue for the corresponding period was $284,100.

From that we can work out our average wholesale price. Which is about 284k/20k = $14.20

Obviously some buying groups would pay less, others pay more. And it helps explain our pricing disadvantage on the shelf.

How much of that ~$14 is profit? Anyones guess. You could work it out by looking at cashflow statement. Mainly looking at production costs and marketing costs. Probably ignore corporate overheads and R&D which aren't connected to Thermalife specifiacally. But it will not be 100% accurate as their is a lag between sales and receipts. This would be negligible if you used the Full Year accounts when released.

In the same 6months that we earnt $284k revenue, we had about $454k in manufacturing and distribution costs. But some of that would be part of our $219k inventory.

So a very basic calculation is $454k - $219k = $235k of expenses directly related to Thermalife. That brings in $284k of revenue. So the margin is about 20% which equate to about $2.96 which is inline with a figure I was told by JP prior to release (2years ago).

It's very basic, exludes sample costs. And like I said doesn't include the corporate overheads, ie rent and the big one Johns salary.

Also it would constantly change. Margins would improve if volumes improved. Marketing costs get spread over more tubes.

That is why most view the Gel release as a very important step in getting shelf space, marketing and general synergies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CAI (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.