WHC 2.16% $7.09 whitehaven coal limited

I’m in, page-63

1. 31 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    I'm not passing this in anyone's direction in particular but the realities of buying a stock at what you think is going to be the lowest price is based on a delusional thought process, an unrequited confidence in ones own valuation abilities.

We, as investors, will never know the full truth of a companies inner workings. Our valuations will always be subjective and our confidence in our initial estimations will, at some times, begin to wane and we will start to investigate minute details and try to reason with why the share price does not reflect our beliefs. The realities here are:
    • Nobody will, with 100% be able to depict when the SP will bottom out, if they think they have then they are fooling themselves.
    • The SP will almost always bottom out and go much further down after you have purchased your shares in the company
    • It is not guaranteed the price will rebound within your expected time frame, or ever if we are unlucky.

The price in Feb 2016 was 38c at one point in time, 2016's owner's earnings were roughly 12 times less than the current years owner's earnings. The disparity between the current SP and current owner's earnings are, again subjective existent or non-existent, but if that was the low then and owner's earnings are now roughly 12 times higher... one could say the SP may be?

Going back to my three points above, I think I will just buy some more while it is cheap, perhaps it may be cheaper in a weeks time and I will buy it then too. Still, I'm in.

To da loo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.