WHC 0.69% $8.61 whitehaven coal limited

I’m in, page-72

1. 31 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    Jrowl1, good words, it is my understanding most commodities will lift in price due to the large amounts of money being printed. This will seem more like a negligible creep than a jump in price however.
    I can only assume growth in coal prices to be slower due to these reasons:

1. It is very cheap and smart bussiness buy large at cheap prices, this is an opinion.
    2. It is easy to transport and stockpile inventories and these inventories will have to be burnt through.
    3. Other fuel sources are very cheap too right now so we may have to wait for them to lift in price before it becomes economically viable to buy the cheaper alternative, coal.
    4. Enviromental awareness has increased, as can be seen as part of this thread.

These points will have two impacts on the price of coal in the near and future time periods. A slower lift in coal prices and a lower peak.

Given the above comment it sounds like I am poo pooing my sentiment and positon with WHC. But, I try not to let the broarder economy affect my decision in this because of these reasons:

1. Coal prices were low for a majority of the year.
    2. Bush fires caused delays.
    3. COVID-19 caused issues.

In summary WHC have still returned a considerable profit with these issues and they are cheap as chips, currently, for what they were able to generate.

I will order a drink while I wait for this company to taxi and try to enjoy the bumpy low lying flight. I do not try to imagine it to lift like the old bird did in the past but I'm older now and more realistic. Buy cheap sell higher, it will beat inflation and many other ASX alternatives.

To da loo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WHC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.61
Change
-0.060(0.69%)
Mkt cap ! $7.203B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.67 $8.69 $8.55 $27.44M 3.184M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 33063 $8.60

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.62 5000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WHC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.