SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

I am back. So is SGH, page-1202

1. 840 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    ........."big words from a poster without any substantiation"..........

...........SWC - I have asked you directly many times what qualifies you to give others the clear advice you have been giving for some time now - which is always to buy SGH shares. You have been telling them to do this since the share price was about 30 cents. You refuse to tell me/us what you do for a living or what otherwise qualifies you to have the opinions you do and make the statements you make, most of which are imo facile and show a fundamental lack of understanding of or experience in the kind of issues affecting shareholders here.

I have made my own position clear - I was a holder of SGH shares until a few months back (I sold at 30c and 24c, incurring a sizeable loss I no longer care about) having thought they were oversold and that it was likely the poor trading performance would eventually turn around and the shares were a reasonable long term hold. I was wrong because I failed to take sufficiently into account the ineptitude of SGH's management, AG leading by example after registering a patent on this negative quality. imo he made a complete Horlicks of the integration of the big UK acquisition, which I personally suspect he desperately needed to bury profits overstatements related to multiple acquisitions made under his tenure in recent times. There doesn't seem to me to have been that much difference between the model constructed (I'm being polite) by Rob Terry at Quindell and what he achieved (polite again) at SGH. Show me the cash. Note that AG kept out of the way during the critical first 6 months post PSD acquisition (he appeared to have no idea of UK performance when the hedge funds were ripping the share price to bits in about Nov 2015 although I'd bet he had an inkling). The $1bn write off swiftly followed. The rest is history - the debt was crippling even at low interest rates.

I digress, SWC........... back to your qualifications and experience. I'll give you another opportunity to tell us - come on, we're all interested - you can do spreadsheets and things like that; don't let us down. I am still the person I told you (and everyone else) I was and am - career spent with one of accounting majors, ran one of the UK offices, dealt real time with sizeable acquisitions and disposals, experience in all aspects of insolvency....I could go on but I hope my posts speak for themselves. I can even spell. I retired from accounting earlier than most and for the last 16 years have taken on other challenges, incmanaging my own portfolio (generally successfully although I've had a few mishaps along the way - no-one's perfect and I'm not ashamed) . I post on boards to put forward what I always hope are constructive, sometimes provocative, views to stimulate debate. Maybe even pass on a bit of knowledge and experience - I'm 66 but not yet senile.

I am as negative about shareholders' prospects here as you are positive - maybe more so because I have seen how a lot of similar situations have played out in the past. Hedge funds are merciless - they don't care what's fair or not; they only care about what they can do and how much they can make, be it short, medium or long term. They certainly don't care about you and they don't care if you're not going to let them have your shares because they don't want or need them. Nor do I. I wouldn't touch SGH shares with a barge pole, least of all now and with AG still hanging on for grim life, no doubt trying to fix up something for himself and his board pals while claiming allegiance with you because - after all - he's a shareholder too.

In my view some people need to wake up and smell the coffee. Remember to hold your nose before doing so, however.

Other than as above, the future looks bright.

We're waiting SWC........................bet you won't tell us.

all above (and all my posts) are imho/dyor

4 cents soon

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.