SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

someones a smarty pants!...Im time poor today so won't read...

1. 133 Posts.
    someones a smarty pants!...Im time poor today so won't read through it all...only skimming...

I have no real statistics to answer that question but personal experience through my career is 1) CEOs/management teams are poor allocations of capital - think of this, if a segment of an overall business is worth more being sold off than being kept within the business...would you not do it for shareholders? or as a CEO/management would you keep it because a larger company = larger pay packet?? - thats only my view; 2) poor assumptions/forecasts and hence overpaying of goodwill...dissecting the work of analysts/fund managers down further - at times, you just can't pin down your forecasts - its real life....everything is connected and affects growth ... e.g. a person goes shopping...how do you forecast what he will buy (and hence get a 'collective'/group level forecast to value a retailer)...a guy in china decides to build a house with steel...how would I ever get that level of comfort in my forecasts for growth...how would a business ever get comfortable with the valuations...well the smart operators would put in buffers and be conservative in their purchases...anyways before I digress ...poor capital allocators and poor forecasters...

hope that helps...sorry don't have a definitive answer...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.