GOLD 0.51% $1,391.7 gold futures

i am getting really depressed about my shares, page-96

1. 1,088 Posts.
    look you need to sell your dogs and pretend you never did it. start again and go for quality.

its what i did. i started with 8 speccys and 2 bluechips coz i wanted action, which most made me some money up until april then GDN smashed me to pieces. i thought i would never recover, so i changed my strategy to acquiring more blue chip stocks and i feel alot more comfortable now even through august which was the worst. Ive held some waiting for a comeback. almost there with 2 or 3 but I've just about had enough of VRE,RMG,RMI and thinking its time to make my portfolio look green by ridding the 2 or 3 dogs and starting 2008 with a new fresh strategy. the reason i still hold tem is because i think there is better upside into the new year but i have to accept that i could take up to 2 years to make some money on penny dreadfulls as they are in start up phase.

heres a lesson learnt from my first year of the stockmarket

1. only trade bluechips ASX100
    2. wait for the big dips in 2008 and buy diversity.
    3. wait for another dip, buy some more. look for reversal signals and avoid dead cat bounces
    4. between 3-8 weeks after a reversal sell for profit
    5. hold your gold stocks LGL NCM EQI SGX and have lots of spare cash for opportunities
    6. ASX currently $60 will benefit from the volatilty. its worth owning and performs better than any fund
    7. stay away from banking stocks, only buy them on the bounce and make tidy small profits.
    8. stay positive and accept it for what it is.
    9. watch CNBC or Bloomberg on foxtel if you can subscribe. its worth it and you can pick up alot of usefull tips and live news which helps. Learn how to read the game

very choppy waters are ahead of us so im expecting it

:)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GOLD (COMEX) to my watchlist

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.