NEL nova energy limited

i am happy with my return, page-2

1. 1,465 Posts.

Millipede-Abercromby

WESTERN AUSTRALIA

The three connected orebodies of the Centipede-Millipede-Abercrombie Uranium Deposit are located on the western edge of Lake Way, 32 km south of Wiluna in the East Murchison Mineral Field of WA. Acclaim Uranium holds the rights to two of them, known as Millipede and Abercromby. The third, Centipede, is held by another party.

This deposit makes up an important part of Acclaim's regional strategy, being included in the 'Murchison Project' (see also Lake Maitland and Nowthanna). These calcrete deposits feature uranium-bearing carnotite at 2-5 metres depth. The deposit would be suitable for shallow, cheap open cut mining.

Both deposits were extensively drilled by ESSO in the late 1970s and 1980s, and Acclaim has followed this up with more drilling campaigns in 1998 and 1999 to prove the size of the resource. The orebodies are more irregular than Nowthanna or Lake Maitland, requiring much more drilling to get an accurate idea of how much uranium is in the ground. Acclaim have recently declined this expense owing to the uncertain future of the industry. While smaller than Nowthanna, the deposits feature areas of much higher grade; results from one drill hole reading as high as 2.19 kg/tonne.

WE intends to establish a Uranium mill at Lake Maitland and then begin transporting raw or concentrated ore from Millipede/Abercromby to feed this mill. While in the early stages of planning, this is a significant concern.

Site in Brief

Discovered: Early 1970s
    Average Grade
    Millipede: 0.49 kg/tonne
    Abercromby: 0.7kg/tonne
    Reserves
    Millipede: 502 tonnes
    Abercromby: 1755 tonnes

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.