"However, to destroy Australia's social cohesion by creating...

1. 8,256 Posts.
    "However, to destroy Australia's social cohesion by creating hate of, if not the best multicultural nation on the planet is destroying what so many have fought for in the 20th Century"

...so doesn't that tell you something? In the best multicultural nation on the planet, people are treating this situation differently to anything we have encountered in the past.

You have been challenged to address the problem rather than apologising and your response is to turn the other cheek - to brush the problem under the carpet????

"The few Islamic terrorists that wage war on foreign soil attempt to frighten and terrorise you.

This is their clear objective.

Stop being frightened and you've won."

Yeh, well, very easy to say that from the safety of your cushy nook. Put yourself in the situation of a loved one who might have been a hostage, or worse, murdered in one of these terror situations. They went about their daily business and ended up in a terror situation and never came home. Yes, I'll pre-empt you - you will of course argue that someone could have equally woken up and never come home after a hit and run, or even an unfortunate accident.

If you cannot see the difference - willful terrorism taking the lives of innocents in the name of religion and your only argument is to turn the other cheek, you are clearly fooling yourself.

I wonder whether you would do the same if you were one of the hostages - turning the other cheek, I mean - you'd probably be the first to be sacrificed.

Flabbergasted at the willful blindness of your response.
    Last edited by jessie1: 11/01/15

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.