GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

Good morning from Australia. I will also be using Google...

1. 314 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18
    Good morning from Australia. I will also be using Google Translator so I hope this makes sense. I will show the English first then Spanish at the bottom. I have a concise explanation and a long one.

Buenos días de Australia. También usaré Google Translator así que espero que esto tenga sentido. Mostraré primero el inglés, luego el español en la parte inferior. Tengo una explicación concisa y larga.

The concise explanation is:
    Your bet is if Galaxy can fulfill one of its other projects or not.

In order to make a recovery to AU$2.50 the market needs to value Galaxy and all its assets to be worth AU$1B (or US$754M). For a guarantee there needs to be a base case where the minimum value is worth this much. You can run several scenarios but if either James Bay with Hydroxide converter or Sal De Vida comes online then the chances are very good.

By holding Galaxy you are betting that the spodumene sales from Mount Cattlin either bring the base value up to US$754M by itself through securing long term pricing or that there will be sufficient finance available to construct one or the other (or both) projects.

The long explanation is:
    It depends on the spodumene story.
    I have not seen any plans or intent to concentrate on vertical integration at Mt Cattlin or Port Esperance so I am assuming that the income at the moment is dependent on the spodumene demand. IMO this means that research for Galaxy in the short term should not really focus on the demand for lithium but the demand for spodumene. Galaxy must sell to some converter somewhere so if the converter companies get their spod from other sources then Galaxy may not get enough funds together to complete one of its other projects. I think that the potential on developing the other assets in this space is a HUGE advantage to Galaxy in this market as it has potential to enter the hydroxide and carbonate feedstock market.

I am a holder, so you can guess what I think about the spodumene demand story and chances of securing funding in the future.

The current 2017 contract (120,000T) should be priced in by now so my research is looking at pricing going forward with consideration to how long it actually takes to supply more spodumene. So far it looks to me like there are several factors which increase the chances of continued robust pricing and reducing Galaxy's exposure to risk:
    1) Availability of spodumene. It takes considerable time and money to ramp up operations and even more time and even more money to construct new operations. From a lot of accounts the difficulty to actually produce spodumene is underrated.
    2) Demand for feedstock. This is where most of the EV stories emerge. which puts pressure on existing converters to convert more spodumene.
    3) Converter expansions. Any news of converter expansions I would assume leads to demand for spodumene to process.
    4) I think the DSO story is an interesting one to follow. I would not want to be caught out by this. See, it's more expensive to complete the overall production which ultimately makes the feedstock more expensive, but sometimes I do wonder if China would want to do it just because it is China and they might want to control all of the processing out of ideology. I'm watching but more out of holistic precaution rather than concern.
    5) Galaxy is reducing its risk of dependence by continuing with construction in other projects. I have been involved with capital expansions before and I can say this: you do need money to keep going forward but throwing more money at the project does not necessarily make it go any faster. especially in drilling projects. A higher budget which does not buy you a whole extra rig will not make the drill work any faster and buying a whole extra rig is simply not worth it most of the time.

I like these about Galaxy:
    An actual path forward which could bypass the spodumene story.
    The fact that it is producing already amidst reports of expansions in demand of feedstock and competition still needs to be constructed.
    progress in achieving the targets so far.

SPANISH TRANSLATION - GOOGLE TRANSLATE
    Tengo una explicación concisa y larga.

La explicación concisa es:

Su apuesta es si Galaxy puede cumplir uno de sus otros proyectos o no.

Con el fin de hacer una recuperación a AU $ 2,50 el mercado debe valorar Galaxy y todos sus activos para un valor de AU $ 1B (o US $ 754M). Para una garantía, debe haber un caso base en el que el valor mínimo vale tanto. Puede ejecutar varios escenarios, pero si ya sea la Bahía de James con el convertidor de hidróxido o Sal De Vida viene en línea, entonces las posibilidades son muy buenas.

Con la celebración de Galaxy usted está apostando que las ventas de spodumene de Monte Cattlin o traer el valor base de hasta US $ 754 millones por sí mismo mediante la obtención de precios a largo plazo o que habrá suficiente financiación disponible para construir uno o el otro (o ambos) proyectos.

La larga explicación es:

Depende de la historia del spodumene.

No he visto ningún plan o intención de concentrarme en la integración vertical en Mt Cattlin o Port Esperance, así que estoy asumiendo que los ingresos en este momento dependen de la demanda de spodumene. IMO esto significa que la investigación para Galaxy en el corto plazo no debe centrarse realmente en la demanda de litio, pero la demanda de spodumene. Galaxy debe vender a algún convertidor en algún lugar así que si las empresas convertidoras obtener su spod de otras fuentes, entonces Galaxy no puede obtener fondos suficientes para completar uno de sus otros proyectos. Creo que el potencial en el desarrollo de los otros activos en este espacio es una enorme ventaja para Galaxy en este mercado, ya que tiene potencial para entrar en el mercado de materias primas de hidróxido y carbonato.

Soy un titular, por lo que puede adivinar lo que pienso acerca de la historia de la demanda de spodumene y las posibilidades de obtener financiación en el futuro.

El actual contrato de 2017 (120.000T) debería tener un precio en ahora por lo que mi investigación está mirando los precios en el futuro con la consideración de cuánto tiempo se necesita para suministrar más spodumene. Hasta ahora me parece que hay varios factores que aumentan las posibilidades de mantener una sólida fijación de precios y reducir la exposición de Galaxy a los riesgos:

1) Disponibilidad de espodumeno. Se necesita mucho tiempo y dinero para acelerar las operaciones e incluso más tiempo e incluso más dinero para construir nuevas operaciones. De muchas cuentas, la dificultad para producir realmente spodumene es subestimada.

2) Demanda de materia prima. Aquí es donde la mayoría de las historias de EV emergen. Que ejerce presión sobre los convertidores existentes para convertir más spodumene.

3) Expansiones del convertidor. Cualquier noticia de las expansiones del convertidor que asumiría conduce a la demanda de spodumene para procesar.

4) Creo que la historia de DSO es interesante. No quisiera ser sorprendido por esto. Ver, es más caro completar la producción global que en última instancia, hace que la materia prima más caro, pero a veces me pregunto si China querría hacerlo sólo porque es China y que podría querer controlar todo el procesamiento de la ideología. Estoy viendo pero más por precaución holística que por preocupación.

5) Galaxy está reduciendo su riesgo de dependencia al continuar con la construcción en otros proyectos. He estado involucrado con expansiones de capital antes y puedo decir esto: usted necesita dinero para seguir adelante, pero tirar más dinero en el proyecto no necesariamente hacerlo ir más rápido. Especialmente en proyectos de perforación. Un presupuesto más alto que no le compre un equipo adicional completo no hará que el trabajo de perforación más rápido y la compra de un equipo extra todo simplemente no vale la pena la mayor parte del tiempo.

Me gustan estas sobre Galaxy:

Un camino real hacia adelante que podría pasar por alto la historia del spodumene.

El hecho de que se produzca ya en medio de informes de expansiones en la demanda de materia prima y la competencia todavía tiene que ser construido.
    Progreso en el logro de los objetivos hasta el momento.
    Last edited by Sukurio: 23/06/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.