I am no saying Kamala cannot win, but, page-13

1. 87,032 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''you see it like the grDUAl Roman decline then ?''

I cannot see 'how' it will die - but, die it most certainly will and is

the 'idea' of America -------- which was kinda nice - but, has proven to be sheer romantic twaddle ------- the dream of that idea is kaput.

What could happen is a wide range of possibilities - ranging from almost the most horrid things one can imagine - almost mad max stuff -

to some kind of fairly comfortable human existence - in a world of a totally different look to what we have now with something like full automation, robots, and with that coming some kind of totally new 'economic' model - if indeed we can call it an economy at all.

We know - that without perhaps some great war which does in fact blow us back to being hunter gatherers - that these kinds of technological leaps are coming - and we know that they will bring societal changes that are beyond our imagination -

and we know that all of this is not far away --------- no one with any imagination at all would consider that things will recognisable in 100 years,

highly highly likely by 2100 (which is only 76 years away.

highly likely within 50 years and

very possibly somewhere between 20 and 50 years.

Is that soon? --------- well, if we wind back the clock by 50 years - that takes us to 1974

Is 1974 a long time back??????? It's a dot. (it maybe a long time back technologically and societally - but, in actual fact - it's a dot - and easily recognisable).

I suggest that forward 50 years -------- 2074 -------

also a dot ---------- our lives will be lived in unrecognisable fashion and society - and economy and technologically

America, the place - will still exist. Americans will still exist - their way of life

will not

It is up to us to work out 'how' we want it to be.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.