BLT 0.00% 2.6¢ benitec biopharma limited

i am now gobsmacked! wth is going on?, page-4

1. 2,381 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    BLT are not alone. Many RNAi and gene therapy companies are trading at little more than cash backing. I think the issue is that investors have given up because of Big Pharma influence over the FDA and regulatory bodies in Europe, dictating the rules. The regulatory process is not transparent, and investors are sick of supporting gene therapy and RNAi drugs when the goal posts keep shifting. China is still the only country in the world where a gene therapy product has been approved and on the market since 2003.

I'm very much looking forward to the market update tomorrow, particularly on the progress with Biomics and whether or not the China University visit was fruitful.

The HBV program is the crown jewels IMO. China has 300,000 deaths a year due to HBV related diseases and 30 million chronically infected. The Chinese Government would be very interested in this candidate if it shows promise. The economic advantanges for a product that increases work productivity, creates jobs in biotech and significantly reduces the drain on the public heath system would be enormous. The money for projects such as these has already been allocated. We are just waiting for some positive results. The fact that BLT have already collaborated with Biomics is a big positive.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.