i am now using, page-25

1. 1,398 Posts.
    Ok Guys

A note of caution here. Although I am a bit of an apple fanboi myself (have windows boxes 7, vista, w2k, a linux box an Imac box, 2 iphones, an Ifad 1 and several dumbphones.) I am a little peeved with Apples itunes arrangements, but have figured hacks around there.

Although I agree with not having to run antivirus etc slogging down the Win machines I am becoming a little uncomfortable without Macs having some sort of cross protection as applied by Micro$oft with win essentials or antivirus. The Win boxes have been attacked several times and have recovered quickly. I havent had to do complete restores. However the Mac has been attacked (with its growing popularity) as have the iphones. I have had to do complete restores on the iphones and Macs. This takes a little more time than with the Win boxes.

The second piece of gripe is that instead of doing smaller updates as per Win systems (although still too many IMO) certain programs on Macs require a complete re-installation so it is swings and roundabouts when it comes to sucking up my bandwidth and time. However having several machines just means I go to work on another machine. Not always suitable for those that only have 1 or 2 machines. However Macs have become better by using Intel processors which tend to talk better to cross-platforms between Wins and Macs.

Unfortunately I am finding that android is a favourite with hacks too and even though I would like to say that is my preference but hackers are getting greedy these days and with the popularity of these systems it is becoming easier.

My answer is to never save anything important to your machine but to a disk. Run an anti-virus and then backup.

Another and final grievance with Macs is there incompatibility with Iress. Read those gripes on whirlpool.net.au

In the meantime enjoy all the pleasures your machine (whatever colour) will give you because they are more fun that using a slate or a piece of paper. More productive too.

T1

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.