SSN 0.00% 1.5¢ samson oil & gas limited

i am still cursed , page-11

1. 3,643 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 548
    Some memories appear to have been cleansed by the xmas celbrations. For many months last year these threads were full of comments about SSN being seriously undervalued. Expectations and valuations thrown around were in the 9c - 11c range going back many months.

Before xmas the stock was in a major slump despite what we all thought and knew it to be worth. We discussed the JV and when we would finally secure a fraccing crew etc as well as what was likely to happen when the 3D seizmic survey results started to come in. We all knew about these upcoming events and expected announcements about relevant progress in regard to these in the early part of 2011.

Market sentiment suddenly changed between xmas and new year. All of a sudden buyers valued the stock in the same way many of us existing holders did and clearly they wanted to be in before these inevitable events came to be. Not a surprise because we all knew that this would happen, we just didn't know exactly when.

We stand no greater chance of identifying the guy who started this ball rolling on Dec 28 than we have of figuring out who the short sighted buggers were who were selling options at 4c as recently as Dec 2. I guess for most of us it doesn't really matter "who" or "how" because we all knew the "why" before it happened.

The price is now in the range that many thought it should have been 6 months ago but for some there is surpise and they seek justification. The "what just happened" questions can only be put down to short term memory loss resulting from the killing of of the neurons which allow us to access the last six months of memories. Bottom line is that we all had inside informationt that this was going to happen even if a few people in the market had a slightly more accurate indication as to exactly when.

This was just step one on the list of events that we were and still are expecting this year. There are many more to come. I just hope that we aren't as surprised when SSNs stated intentions actually happen in future.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.