RNT 9.52% 1.9¢ rent.com.au limited

I bought today, page-8

1. 791 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Hi Waz, good question. The idea was for us to meet with RNT to see what they had to offer. Personally I thought that we would end up signing up to the free service to test them out. The presentation really concentrated on the paid listing features while avoiding talk of the free listings - I can understand that as I'm sure the rep is paid commission.

I asked about these "unique visitors" and was not given a clear explanation. I was already suspicious of the numbers quoted by RNT in many areas - they just don't correlate to my own experience.

In the end we all walked away seeing no real difference between RNT and REA and Domain in terms of features. And really the prices quoted for their features were bloody expensive for a new entrant to the arena. I don't think they'll get many agents to pay for their listings initially. There was just nothing there that impressed us enough to make us think they were going to be anything other than another realestateview, homely, homehound etc.

I checked in with two of my competitors who I have a good working relationship with. Both told me that they used the free service - one only learnt recently that they were using it. It was just tacked onto their uploader. Both advised me that they were receiving next to no enquiry from RNT and if they had to pay for it they would opt out.

We decided that for now we just didn't see a need to list on RNT. Who knows that may change later. We might take on the free service if prospective landlords start asking for it. So far though not one prospective landlord has mentioned RNT.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RNT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.