XJO 0.70% 8,269.8 s&p/asx 200

i buy you buy we buy., page-55

1. 4,960 Posts.
    Meh, regarding MM versus "real, Treggs, your comments regarding the point difference are VERY good, and udeniable... still, If I was trying to trade a two point move.... mmmmm... nuff said, LOL

Also, as i learn greater confidence, and up my Number of contracts, yup, the initial "cost" of a position can be a bit daunting... recently traded multi contracts on gold through my mm and the initial position "cost" me $150 to open...

that can be a bit worrisome for some, and I don't blame em for baulking at it... but as I came away with 4 times that amount the initial position cost was ultimately irrelevant.

regarding stop hunting...

Sorry lads but at least with IG, that is a very large load of silly in my opinion.

I have watched the real spi and depth whilst trading IG MANY MANY MANY times, a lot, for years now (well two anyway)

IG follows the bids and asks of the spi with the two point spread factored in... the spread blows out on the spi overnight, and so does IG's but they still hold as close as goddammit to what is happening on the SFE DEPTH.

I have NEVER seen (apart form dodgy data) spikes that were untoward on IG that were not reflected in the underlying futures contract EVER... I would be rapt if you could show me these mystical posts that are oftened mentioned but never actually linked regarding this kind of internal only to the mm stop hunting.

Maybe CMC is different, but i can't fault IG.

I do beleive that stop hunting occurs on the "real" markets... of course it does... anyone who thinks that a market particularly as small a one as the Australian based futures market, is not open to this kind of tactic really should take a good long look at themselves and question whether they have the intestinal fortitude to play with the big boys... cos ultimately... that's what we traders are doing.

;)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.