CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

I'm thinking of starting a new article on Wikipedia entitled...

1. 1,190 Posts.
    I'm thinking of starting a new article on Wikipedia entitled "Swap's Rally".

(Quote)
    Swap's Rally was a stock market event which took place on 9th January 2009 between 1:30 and 3:30pm Eastern time and was the turning point in the fortunes of both debt-laden, high profile victims of the credit crunch, Centro Properties Group and the Centro Retail Trust.

The event was so-named after Hot Copper poster and legendary long-term value investor Swap who predicted the turning point around 47 minutes prior.

By midday, the shares in both companies had already risen considerably but the events from around 2:20 onwards were unprecedented as both entities surged a record 890% and 920% respectively.

The sheer volume of shares traded caused a ripple effect (know in Economics as The Tweety Pie Effect) throughout the globe forcing the closure of the Australian, London and New York stock exchanges.

...and so it would go on.
    (End)

Not sure it would make the Wikipedia "This day in history" section - unless it was really huge of course.

Kevinchui, in answer to your question it really has been time pressure and other commitments which have shrunk my contributions. We still have our sizeable CER and slightly-less-sizeable CNP holdings but they always were v.long term positions. I also feel that a lot of what is happening is a bit of a waiting game and there is a danger of just regurgitating what we already know. At the end of the day, the 15th is the next big event so watch this space from there on.

Good luck everyone. I'm actually seriously considering moving my meeting to later in the afternoon. There's no point having a historical event (and Wikipedia article) named after you and then missing the whole shootin' match.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.