.. i certainly did not know that ..., page-35

1. 23,992 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    Very interesting Dubster,
    I actually find it VERY easy to accept and believe.

When as a nation of macho pretenders we actually tell the truth, it's a far better story! (With exception to hte younger generation of thugs going round mugging people for fun now - but they probably ARE doped up to the hilt anyway)

When my father was talking seriously one day - he said that in the 2nd World War, he was compelled to sign up, but asked to be assigned to a non fighting unit - and was put in the medical corps -
    He said that he was too much of a coward to be a 'conscientous objector'. That took real guts as they were hated by the nation!
    However, he said he couldn't take a life, and was perhaps one of the few that recognised it early rather than at the battle front.
    Needless to say, I admired him immensely and am proud of the man he was.

Perhaps many people haven't examined themselves to a point where they have discovered this.

I've often said I'd be happy to push the trap door button a hanging where one of these really dreadful child murderers is being hung for example - but could I?
    I think I could - but hey - who knows! This isn't war time....

A few more peaceful people around and hte world might be a happier place today.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.