NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

"i recall one of my first posts on NWE thread mid last year and...

1. 2,565 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 84
    "i recall one of my first posts on NWE thread mid last year and i said that norwest hasn't gone anywhere in 10 years (as i remember them being around a few cents 10 years ago) and i was crucified on the thread with everyone saying its a different business now and i have no idea.'"

Now in NWE's defence, when it was around these prices last time, It actually was attempting a farm out with a multinational and also attempting a drill.

So yes, it was a different game plan.

Unfortunately, the results with the drill wasn't meant to be.

This does not mean the company failed at being a business. It just meant the results didn't follow through. Now before you cast your stones at me, keep in mind that they were drilling a wild cat (from memory), which itself is a gamble.. They sought opinion from consulting organisations who stated that NWE had a shot at an oil find.

As a wildcat well. you can't blame the company entirely for drilling a wildcat well and being incorrect. The geological interpretation of flows hundreds of metres below surface are a guess in most situation in my opinion.

Hey, all I'm saying is that the outcome could have been different if hydrocarbon was discovered at their initial well. People might have been cheering NWE.. and shareholders from other nearby companies (who I won't name) wwould have been cheering them too..

It's not the company's fault the oil wasn't there. It was a wildcat well. A shareholder who invested in a discovery of a wildcat well needs to be accountable to themselves on what they do or don't discover. it's your risk and if you dn't understand the risk, then don't play the game.

Imo NWE did everything they could.

On to the next I say drill plan I say.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.