TPM 0.00% $8.93 tpg telecom limited

I concur, page-6

1. 6,633 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 615
    The problem with this is it ignores the political response, and we should all know by now that NBN is more about politics than technology.

If fixed wireless over increasingly valuable mobile spectrum started competing for the last mile, either the NBN Tax will get put on it like with FTTB, or NBNCo will be forced to change their pricing structure to compete (and fixed line scales better), or maybe both.

It also ignores the response from Telstra and Optus who both have more resources to defend their market share if they choose.

India has 1.2B mobiles (according to Wikipedia), so the numbers he cites equates to 10% market share, but also India is a lot more diverse demographics than Australia, it might be that for that 10% bottom of the market in India its a cheap plan or nothing, but any household in Australia should be able to afford a basic NBN plan.

Its a very big call he made, and there is a lot of guesswork (or ignorance) on his behalf because some important factors are just not visible to anyone, i wonder about his motives most of all.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.