TPM 0.00% $8.93 tpg telecom limited

5 years ago when I arrived in Singapore, what Australian call...

1. 358 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    5 years ago when I arrived in Singapore, what Australian call NBN is already here, and they don't settle for some cheap hybrid either. It is FTTB all the way, not FTTN.

A normal household can do a speedtest and get 80Mbps easily. Back then 1Gbps internet was still expensive (around $500 per month).

Then MyRepublic came and destroyed the 1Gbps market with their less than $100.

SingTel and M1 followed suit.

It is crazy how margin is being cut here. Price drops by 1/5 in a few years.

Now, TPG only deals with Mobile (since they can't compete on fiber here). My office building has 4G/5G singTel repeater on every level. SingTel technician test very corner of the office to ensure signal are good. I can get into elevator with thick door steel and get 100% reception.

Competitor can't get into the building because the landlord (a large property developer, not unlike Westfield) already signed agreement with SingTel.

So if TPG makes a penny here... I will be surprised (and 60% of my portfolio is TPG, so you can see that I really, really like TPG... As Australian incumbent... in Singapore... they will get killed).
    Last edited by whartanto: 23/03/17

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TPM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.