MCO 0.00% 11.0¢ morning star gold n.l.

i don,t get it

1. 3,631 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 317
    Just wanting to try and work out why MCo trades at such a discount to other junior goldies. Ok so we establish that MCO didn,t meet there original trial mining objectives. A negative for that.
    OK they managed to secure extra funding in a once in a lifetime credit crunch . a positive.
    ITs a lfb which is out of favor as a result of bdg and gbm and gdr all having some problems. ok negative for that.
    IT has nearly a million ounce jork = positive.
    Has very few operational news releases. = neg
    has very high grade = positive.
    projected cash costs are amongst the industry's lowest = positive.
    Has a very low market cap approx 13 million = positive
    Very close to resuming mining in an ongoing manner not trial = a positive.
    Management although having made mistakes , is big enough to admit to them = pos and negative.
    No debt = positive.
    not a huge mount of cash reserves= neg
    no milling facilities = negative.
    Huge exploration potential with many other historic high grade shallowly worked mines = pos
    working head frame and infrastructure = pos
    So compare that to say Cah in WA and what do we get .
    CAH a worn out wa mine that failed to get into production under its last name of WEZ = neg
    very low grade = neg
    experienced management = pos.
    relatively high cost production = neg
    hedging in place at $1500 aus = pos at the moment.
    debt and market cap very high for a company still a long way off production . Compare with the likes of slr Producing good profits and no debt. = neg
    Area already extensively explored = neg

OK so there are bound to be things i,ve missed on both sides but i still can,t work out why one should have so much higher value than the other. is it a case of people thinking if it sounds to good to be true then it is thinking . OR is it just purely a marketing thing.
    Despite it previous failings i try to work out what ive missed that makes MCO cheap compared to other near term producers that also may have problems getting it right.
    I just don,t see how one can have a market cap of 40 mill plus and raise another 100 million just to get into production with no guarantee of success, when another has a market market cap of 13 million and is about to start producing and may go close to funding itself into expanding into a mid tier producer with no guarantee of success.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.