MRE 0.00% 87.0¢ minara resources limited

Sharemadder,It is not organised selling. For a start, that is...

1. 408 Posts.
    Sharemadder,

It is not organised selling. For a start, that is illegal and I dont think Barclays nor Glencore are stupid enough to facilitate arranged trades on the market. If Glencore wanted Barclays stake, they would simply cross the entire lot on market or sell the holding off market. Both are legal and that is the way it is normally done when one party wants another party's stake. Besides Glencore cant buy anymore shares due to takeover laws. 3% every 6 months.

How can you say MRE is cheap based on the dividends?? It didnt even pay one!!! Sure they have in the past, but nickel was at 50 a tonne. It aint anymore and those divies arent coming back until the nickel price is higher. Where else is the funding for the dividend going to come from?

I'd stop wasting time worring about "capping," Glencore and Barclays and spend more time praying the nickel price takes a massive spike and quickly, as that is what is holding MRE back. All the rest is just irrelevant noise, 2-bit theories and pointless jibberish.

You can make every excuse under the sun as to why the sp is where it is, but it is a waste of time. Here is the simple solution to driving the sp higher;

Higher nickel prices = stronger earnings = larger profit = dividends = higher sp.

If nickel prices dont go up, earnings stink, no dividends, no reason to own shares in MRE. Sure fundamentals suggest nickel prices will go higher, but until that actually happens, the market's not interested.

Even if the stock may appear to be cheap... Everything is cheap! BHP is on a P/E of 6 and forecast to earn $20b+ next year!!! Where are investors going to put their money? BHP, the strongest diversified mining company in the world on a P/E of 6, or MRE, a high cost nickel producer who is barely making a profit. Until people are ready to take on risk again, or the high quality companies actually become expensive, small to mid cap undiversified miners are out in the cold. It could take anther 6 months, a year, who knows(?) for investors to get comfortable with risk and for the "blue chips" to get to prices that could be considered expensive. And hopefully everyone would agree that the "blue chips" will recover well before confidence and risk tolerance returns to investors. Hence I ask, is MRE really the best place for your cash right now??

Warren Buffet always says the secret to investing is to "buy a wonderful company at a fair price." Well there are plenty of them out there at the moment and unfortunately I dont think MRE fits the mould.

No one is looking long term at this point, they are looking to the right now. Survival. Strong earnings and, ideally earnings growth. At at the current nickel price, MRE has neither. If the global economy continues to contract, you need a business model that can weather the storm. Not a business that is basically at the mercy of one commodity price.

That was about 10c worth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.