DTE 0.00% 13.0¢ dart energy limited

i don't understand green concern re fullerton

1. 591 Posts.
    It looks like there is so much mis-information and mis-undersanding about what Dart Energy is trying to achieve at Fullerton.

My understanding is that DTE are trying a novel and innovative "green" strategy described as follows in various sources: (this from http://www.morningstar.com.au/Stocks/Research/20120322/DTE)

-------------
    DTE’s recent agreement to supply gas to a $65m greenhouse development near Newcastle is a strong counter point. Coal seam gas will provide heat and energy for the greenhouse with productivity 10x conventional cropping without the use of pesticides. Excess power is delivered to the grid, waste carbon dioxide is pumped into the greenhouse to boost plant growth and waste water from the coal seam gas wells is treated and used on the plants. It’s a small but very clever deal which importantly shows how coal seam gas can be used to boost food production.
    -------------

DTE have also stated that they will not use fracking, will not construct a dam, will use relatively small water trucks (10,000 litre capacity) to cart out water, will not stop the trucks in inappropriate places on the roads.... and are working to enable a greenhouse with 10x traditional yield without pesticides, putting power into the local grid, and putting much of the carbon back into the greenhouse (to turn it into food. (see http://www.dartenergy.com.au/page/Worldwide/Australia/PEL_458_Newcastle/Fullerton_Cove_CGR/ )

I would have thought that this ticks all the green boxes and I just don't understand the objections at all given what DTE have proposed.

I'm also surprised that the hearing at the land court this week has not resulted in an announcement and hope to hear a good (for DTE) announcement soon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DTE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.