SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Hi Jesse27. Since you are new to HotCopper, I'm assuming you are...

1. 134 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Hi Jesse27.

Since you are new to HotCopper, I'm assuming you are new to trading and owning shares?

The same position I was in a few years back and I have learnt a lot in those years. I can't help you with this issue but just some advice, don't go all out expecting to get some easy cash. This is when investing becomes speculating and even with experience is very difficult to pull off.

I can only suggest that you give yourself some time to learn how to trade. For me, the best way was to use real money to keep me interested but small amounts, $1000 to $2000 for example. Amounts I wouldn't miss too much when I got it wrong. You can always paper trade too but I find it is easy to cheat and make you less likely to stay focused.

Also, take some time to learn technical principles. applying this to fundamental knowledge gives you an edge when buying and selling. For example and sorry to say but I bought SGH when it had its initial huge fall from $6 to $3 last June thinking it could recover back to $6 but my technical's told me to sell it after a few months when it failed to hold $3.

The market won't stop tomorrow and there are plenty of good stocks on the ASX which will give you a good return on your investment so if you are prepared to put the work in, buy good stocks or apply a proper trading technique and be a bit patient than you will most likely be successful in this game, otherwise it can be a very expensive and short chapter in your life.

Sorry if my rant was a bit overboard but sometimes I read a post which reminds me of my early experiences in the market and I feel i have to give a bit of advice.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.