QAN 0.17% $5.90 qantas airways limited

i feel sick

1. 729 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    This is a dark day in Australian Corporate history.

Qantas is a highly profitable airline domestically, which enjoys dominance, is critical infrastructure, and an integral part of the Tourism, Mining, Business, and civilian industry (including the burden of Jetstar in its infrastructure to manipulate the numbers). And I might add, it is an incredibly aggressive player, making any third entrant shy away from this market. It manipulates supply demand extremely well, and gouges at every opportunity. These strategies do not work internationally, you need to be smart, and Joyce is not.

As long as the international community continues to sterilize International air travel, best you have a really good idea other than cutting costs to become a success. Low cost drives low profit in the end, and soon or later the Host Government (Australia) will have to bail it out. When will CEO's learn, the 'Grow or Die' philosophy is just not good enough anymore. You need to innovate, diversify, and the list goes on.

I like profits, but I like people more.

Al Dunlap was probably the worst CEO in corporate history boasting huge profits at the expense of job losses. It took a while, but the world wised up to him and realized everyone becomes a loser in the end.

The world doesn't need people like Joyce, he is the type that contributes to the worlds economic woes. He knows, that in the current environment, you make more money (personally) when you are losing other peoples money. Thats a crime... And I just hope the spin doctors dont use this to polarize the public, because Australia is what it is by building these companies, and (ultimately) moving it offshore is bad for Australia / and jobs.

Don't deny Australian workers in favor of offshore profits which will somehow never find their way back here, or into our Tax system to build a better country.

Shame on you Joyce... You have amounted to nothing as a CEO.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.90
Change
-0.010(0.17%)
Mkt cap ! $9.613B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.89 $5.93 $5.88 $20.12M 3.408M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 8603 $5.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.90 50438 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
QAN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.