I feel so dirty, page-59

1. 12,564 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 484
    This is exactly why we don't need to be an early adopter.

The battery pack is in a development stage & the charge points will be redundant in one or two generations.

I agree that battery density will improve & there will be a much fast charge time (at lower amps), & ranges that far exceed even ice engine capacity.

This is akin to putting up phone boxes when the telephone became available (just after the telegraph was disrupted by the new tech). You would remember hitching your horse at the Post Office & sending a telegram..don't you?

So it everybody wants to charge their car at the shopping centre does each park have a umbilical cord? Or do we all take a number & when it is called scurry back to our car to move it to the charge point before some other person does. All that extra copper, concrete, production of materials, plus fuel to transport does not come at a zero CO2 cost. ONly to have it torn up in one or two generations for the next new shiny.

So I can leave my car for a recharge & now catch a cab to where I need to go, because I pretty much guarantee that I won't get a charge point near where I want to be.

In fact I will go out on a limb here (inverse ratio applies here) The flatter my battery or the later I am to an appointment the further away will be my charging point ---that will no doubt be vandalised by some neanderthal (remember looking for a pay phone that works?). How will they keep them shiny new operational & safe.

How many servos are around now compared to the 60's & 70's??? Cars were not as efficient back then & servos were closer together...even had driveway service to clean the window & check your oil. Golden Fleece, Amoco etc fell by the wayside as industry restructured

Governments only know how to waste money.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.