AVR 1.11% $17.80 anteris technologies ltd

I found this interesting…..., page-20

1. 3,092 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    The problem with mechanical valves is that they'll require the patient to go on blood thinning medication for the remainder of their lives….. the problem with the tissue valve is that they'll calcify and lose their mechanical properties leading for them to be replaced after 10-15 years although in many cases much sooner. Some need to be replaced within months or even years.

One of the highlights from the most recent announcement was the talk that CardioCel had already been used in heart valve surgery at a top centre involving the use of robotics. This gives me a lot of confidence for the future viability of CardioCel to be used in heart valve repairs and replacements…..

“Our sales teams have been able to generate considerable interest for CardioCel® from surgeons globally, particularly with our strong pre-clinical data and successful patient outcomes to date. Bringing our facility into production is very exciting to us and allows us to continually expand our reach by bringing CardioCel® to our customers for the repair and reconstruction of cardiac defects, including the repair of heart valves” said Mr. Rodne.

To date, CardioCel® has been used in a range of cardiovascular repair and reconstruction procedures in both adults and paediatrics, including hole-in-the-heart repairs and heart valve reconstructions. Recently, in the US, CardioCel® has been used in less-invasive robotic surgery to repair defective heart valves which is a major step forward for the use of CardioCel® in cardiovascular surgery.

** We learned from Lee Rodne in an earlier BRR interview that surgeons consensually would prefer to reconstruct and repair heart valves than to replace them. This fits with my research also. And this is why CardioCel could revolutionise heart valve treatment because now surgeons have a biological material which is suitable to repair rather than replace heart valves.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.80
Change
-0.200(1.11%)
Mkt cap ! $341.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.00 $18.00 $17.75 $50.10K 2.802K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1 $17.80

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.90 262 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.55pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.