RDF 0.00% 95.8¢ redflex holdings limited

re: i guess it needs to close at $1.73 for howarey Howareya,...

1. 688 Posts.
    re: i guess it needs to close at $1.73 for howarey Howareya, I'll give it a try and keep it as short as possible.
    I believe there are now 3 teams working, 1 East Coast, 1 West Coast and one based in Scottsdale. Pretty flexible, depends where the push is. Mid 2003 the company promised 10 installations a month, actually averaged just under 15 a month. In the H/Y report (Feb) they said they are aiming for 15 a month, I'll be very surprised if that is not 20 a month June to Dec this year. Last month was 17 so they're on track to once again better their estimates. With 3 teams going now, creating a 4th team is much easier than the initial problem of say making 2 out of 1.

About 350 systems contracted but not yet installed, on the surface seems a lot. However how it often works is that a city may order 20 but initially only want say 6 or even less installed, get their systems up and running on that 6 or so (co-ordinate police, engineering dept, courts, motor registry, etc) then after 6 or 12 months put in another batch. Also allows the local politicians and city heavies to ease the good folks of the city into the whole concept (as in Chicago---they initially said 20, the RTS CEO is now talking 100).
    There is also a lot of pre-planning required, a lot of Council and sometimes State depts, quite often 3 months or more from contract signing to sticking poles in the ground.

Of the 350 backlog I would estimate about 150 will be needing installation in the 8 months before 31/12. The RTS guys are vitally aware of the installation situation, it really now is their main task and don't worry, the CEO is right on to it. He hired an installation chief 12 months ago, the guy has proven a verry good choice and performed well.
    The CEO will do whatever it takes to properly manage the backlog, keep an eye on installs, as Paul100 has said, they are the secret of the revenue ramp up.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RDF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.