RDF 0.00% 95.8¢ redflex holdings limited

i guess it needs to close at $1.73, page-14

1. 3,701 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 176

Internally everything is going extremely well. There are no issues with installs or camera production. Installations are being ramped up to 20 plus , was 17 in March.

Wherever they go in the US they only get glowing press from cities which have installed. Chicago for example are about to sign a new contract for a additional 20 camera’s (2 per intersection). The following article indicates that there will be many more expansion contracts to Chicago . Chicago are particularly happy with Redflex.

On the other hand the same cannot be said for the major competitor ACS who was recently shutdown in Chapel Hill for poor performance and are also in difficulty in Edmonton where the contract with ACS has been cancelled and new tenders called for after ACS was originally selected based on their submission(only one) that no other supplier could provide the city with a viable solution. RDF are now a real chance in Edmonton. See article below

Current weakness just represents a great buying opportunity.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-red28.html

Big Brother to watch 10 more intersections
    April 28, 2004
    BY FRAN SPIELMAN City Hall Reporter

Ten more accident-prone Chicago intersections will be chosen this summer to double a Big Brother experiment that seems to be working wonders: digital cameras to snare motorists running red lights.
    After nearly six months of red-light cameras in Chicago, City Hall has already issued a blitzkrieg of 15,070 tickets, generating nearly $1.4 million in sorely needed revenue, assuming all the motorists caught lead-footed end up paying their $90 fines.
    Even more encouraging than the revenue -- $381,615 collected already -- is the effect the threat of being caught on camera has had on modifying daredevil driving.
    At every one of the eight intersections where cameras have been installed, the average number of daily violations has plunged. The biggest drop occurred at Belmont and Kedzie. It started with 63 daily citations. It's now down to 36, a 43 percent drop.
    At 55th and Western, the Southwest Side intersection that was the first to join the camera parade, there has been a 33 percent drop in daily driver transgressions. The November average was 55 violations a day. Now, it's down to 37.
    http://edmonton.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=ed_radar20040413
    Police look at red-light camera contract
    Edmonton - A contract for the city's photo radar and red-light cameras has been put on hold while police officials look into allegations that three officers accepted perks from the company vying to supply the services.

The anonymous complaint, sent through e-mail, alleges that the officers received a free trip to Las Vegas, an invitation to watch the Heritage Classic from a luxury box, and a number of free golf tournaments, lunches and dinners from a company hoping for a long-term contract with the city.
    Affiliated Computer Services of Texas, which already supplies and maintains the city's photo radar and red-light cameras, says it hasn't done anything wrong. An ACS spokesman told the Edmonton Sun that the Las Vegas trip never happened and that the officers paid for their own tickets to the Heritage Classic.
    A report recommended giving ACS a new contract when its existing one expires this summer, and not put it to tender. The proposed contract could be renewed for up to 20 years, and could be worth $90 million.
    Coun. Dave Thiele, who sits on the police commission, says the police service is dealing with the matter internally.
    "I don't see any difficulty in doing that. It's not unlike an employee that steps over the bounds of their responsibility. They get investigated by their employers in some way, fashion and form. If they are guilty of any wrongdoing, they usually have some kind of discipline that may be warranted," Thiele said.
    Right plate, wrong car on ticket BY FRAN SPIELMAN City Hall Reporter James Matela used to be gung-ho about the cameras that are popping up all over Chicago to catch drug dealers in high-crime neighborhoods and motorists who run red lights. But that was before an envelope arrived at his Southwest Side home with a $90 citation for red-light running. In the envelope was a picture of a silver Buick making an illegal right turn through a red light at 55th and Western. The problem is, Matela doesn't own a silver Buick. He drives a maroon 1986 Pontiac Parisienne. The license plate number assigned to the car caught on Candid Camera was the same as Matela's. But it was a temporary plate. Matela's plate is permanent. The ticket was dismissed. "I went to the alderman's office and nobody there had ever heard of anything like this," said Matela, 79, a retired Peoples Gas repairman. "I didn't have to pay. . . . But somebody in Springfield screwed up by issuing a temporary plate with the same number as mine." Beth Kaufman, a spokeswoman for the secretary of state's office, said the problem of temporary and permanent plates with identical numbers was corrected in 2003 by inserting a letter between the numbers of a numerical plate. "It's possible a few of the old plates are still floating around." That's what concerns the retiree. "This guy, whoever he is, is running around the city with my license number and, if he does it again, I'm gonna get hit again."
    Ald. Tom Allen (38th), chairman of the City Council's Transportation Committee, said the experiment has only begun to "rein in lawlessness of drivers" in Chicago.
    "It's an epidemic and still is," Allen said. "If you have the bad fortune of teaching your kids how to drive, like I have, you have to explain to them that, even though you're the lead car at an intersection, you have to sit there and wait when the light turns green. Do not take off. You have to expect somebody to run a red light. That's a sad commentary."
    "Mechanical enforcement is the wave of the future. I'm not suggesting they go crazy, but they should buy, install and operate as many cameras as necessary to change people's driving habits. Every neighborhood that's crying out for safer driving habits should be able to have a camera."
    Last fall, City Hall chose 10 high-volume intersections for the $1.9 million camera experiment. All of them had a history of "right-angle" crashes most commonly linked to red-light running.
    Eight intersections have cameras and two more are about to get them: La Salle and Kinzie on Saturday, and Madison and Western on June 1. That'll complete Round One and set the stage for 10 more intersections to be added in Round Two.
    The selection process is already under way and is expected to be announced by mid-summer. That'll pave the way for camera installations to begin immediately and be done by year's end.
    Of the 15,070 motorists caught on camera from Nov. 4 through April 25, only 647 have requested administrative hearings to contest their citations. Ninety percent of the 223 hearings held so far have resulted in drivers being held liable.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RDF (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.