BRM 0.00% $2.53 brockman resources limited

Perhaps once all the hysteria stops and we start getting a...

1. 1,104 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Perhaps once all the hysteria stops and we start getting a clearer picture of what this new resources tax means, then well informed decisions can be made on what will be the NPV for Marillana. I found this quote from BHP about the tax implications for their Australian operations:
    In response to the announcement miner BHP said that the new tax will result in an increase in the total effective tax rate on its profits earned from its Australian operations to around 57 per cent from 2013 from the current rate of 43 per cent. BHP (BHP) boss Marius Kloppers said that the proposal will hurt the sectors competitiveness.
    http://seekingalpha.com/article/202344-australian-miners-hit-with-exorbitant-resource-super-profits-tax?source=feed

So, in a worst case situation, it's not the additional 40% take everyone is freaking out over.

I don't particularly care for KRudd and his sycophants, however, I think that only focusing on a number without looking to see what it means to a company's bottom line is clouding people's judgements and contributing to the hysteria.

BRM's share price didn't improve dramatically once benchmark prices increased by 100% or the NPV improved as indicated in the latest announcement. These 2 income elements far outweigh the additional tax. The only thing I can think of, is the market now believing that BRM won't be able to attract financing to get the show on the road. It will be interesting to see if there is an impact on SP should the recently announced MOU with Sino materialise into an agreement. Personally, I think it will, but maybe I'm an optimist.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.